My balance isn’t the best. My coordination nonexistent, and I tend to get lost a great deal of the time, yet cycling through the Forest, some thought it a good idea to let me find a path through the mud. The Forest, after the rain, breathtaking.
With the fire keeping the apartment cosy, the weather seemed to dictate a comforting salmon-pasta sort of meal. Pasta, of course, not an option. However, some genius has developed cauli-noodles that are simply fabulous. In a cream and wine sauce, the calorie count was probably off the charts. Scrumptious.
Low tide on a perfect morning for a beach run along Brenton. Prince less sure about why his normal beach play, turned into a 10km run, with minimal stone-chasing play time. The subject of a small painting, while I prepared the new larger canvases for my painting of the Karoo skies.
Diabetic, mohair socks, something special as temperatures head into the winter levels of uncomfortable.
Small elephant painting sold. Always special to have a painting head to its new home.
Creamy pasta (cauli-noodles) with salmon
• 3 packets of cauli-noodles (pasta)
• Half an onion finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
• 2 tubs (500ml) cream
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) mixed chopped fresh herbs (chives, basil, oregano)
• 2 cups (500 ml) salmon with chili flakes
1. In the butter, cook the onions, stirring constantly, until transparent. Add the white wine and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Add the cream and bring to boil.
2. Stir in the cheese, and herbs and add tons of ground pepper, add the salmon and reduce for 5 minutes until it thickens.
3. Switch off the heat, and add the cauli-noodles, to the pot and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.