Acrylic and recycled plastic water bottle butterflies on canvas 150cmx200cm
Drawing inspiration from the Abstract Impressionist painter, Joan Mitchell and the painting I did of Lotus flowers in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Joan Mitchell’s work, Abstract Expressionist and Action painters. Rooted in her emotional response to nature through memories, orchestrating her paintings in energy, mood and emotion.
Collisions of colour that are exuberant against the natural, white areas.
Uncontrollable Saltbush mark-making on the butterflies. My interpretation of the Abstract Expressionists.
Studio busy with holiday visitors. The odd, domestic. Husband holding onto the precious fluff-ball. Wife, engaged in my paintings. Silence!
Fabulous run on the Red Bridge trail, on one of those fantasmagorical days. Despite the corrugated road on the first section, we managed an impressive pace. Strava, doesn’t lie!
Water the cure for glasse shrouded in mist. Cycling with zero visibility, not the best. The road above Gouna Pass lined with purple Cape fynbos, sparkling at sunrise.
Virtual walk through Georgia.
Shida Karelia, the historical-geographic region of Georgia, rich in folklore. Kareli (136km), situated on the right bank of the Mtkvari River, surrounded by forests, waterfalls and the beautiful lake Bateti.
Paskha, a Georgian Easter sweet cake. Nutmeg, saffron, cinnamon and cloves. A Keto recipe, Scrumptious. The last remaining bits, delicious French Toast breakfast.
- 250g almond flour
- 140g whey isolate
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 100g butter – melted
- 100g sugar substitute
- 60ml almond milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 cup (236ml) water
- Spices (Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cloves, Saffron) to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, protein powder, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate smaller bowl, melt the butter.
- Pour the sugar substitute and almond milk into the butter and whisk until the sugar substitute dissolves.
- Pour the butter mix into the dry ingredients and mix. You won’t be able to mix it entirely and that is ok.
- Add in the water and stir again until you have a thick batter.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 375°F/175°C for 30-35 minutes.