125g almond flour
1/2 cup / 60g almonds gently crushed
1/4 cup / 50g granulated erythritol
3/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1 Orange zested
- Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl – almond flour, granulated erythritol, baking powder, crushed almonds, orange zest and the pinch of salt.
- Add the wet ingredients – beaten egg – and stir, then knead until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a log shape. Mine was 28 cm long. Flatten into a biscotti shape.
- Bake on the middle shelf for around 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. The log will firm up. Then cut into biscotti with a serrated knife and lay down flat next to each other on the baking sheet.
- Reheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F and return to the oven for another 12-15 minutes to allow the biscotti to crisp up.
My mix made 12 biscotti (14 if you count the ends). 1.5g net carbs per biscotti.
Almond flour biscotti are fragile whilst hot. Please ensure you wait until the log is completely cooled and firm before slIcing.
Store in an airtight cookie jar. Suitable for freezing.