Mozzarella cheese ‘pizza’, that can also be used for pies, and a dessert shell
170 grams grated mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp butter
½ cup fine almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Lightly grease the liner.
- In a large saucepan, melt the cheese and butter together over low heat until they are melted and can be stirred together. Remove from heat and add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg and stir everything together until a cohesive dough forms. Use a rubber spatula to really knead it up against the sides of the pan. It may still contain some streaks of cheese.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and knead a few more times until uniform. If your dough is very sticky, work in another tablespoon or two of almond flour. Cover the dough with another piece of parchment and roll out to a 12-inch (30 cm) circle.
- Spread olive oil, salt and herbs over the dough before putting in the oven to cook for 7-10minutes